The following policies are used when screening persons for residency at any property managed by Palm Island Realty Property Management. This criteria applies to every applicant who wishes to reside at this property. Applications must be filled out completely and are considered on a first come first screened basis. If negative information is found in any category, the application is subject to denial.
Palm Island Property Management does not discriminate based on: race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, disability or source of income. We comply with all federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing).
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
- Exceptions are made for children under age two. Children under the age of two are allowed as a third occupant when the child resides with the parent of other adult(s) maintaining proper legal custody.
- Select your rental unit
- Complete the application on the designated form.
- Pay your non-refundable credit/screening fee of $45.00 per adult of the age 18 or older. (Payment via Cash, Credit/Debit or Money Order only will be accepted).
- Be prepared to wait one-two business days for the information on your application to be verified.
- Once you are approved, you will have 48 hours to pay the holding deposit. If you fail to enter into a rental agreement, your holding deposit shall be forfeited.
DISABLED ACCESSIBILITY – Existing premises may be modified at the full expense of the disabled person, if the disabled person agrees to restore the premises to the pre-modified condition. Requirements include:
- Written approval from the landlord before modifications are made.
- Written assurances that the work will be performed in a professional manner by a licensed contractor.
- Written proposals detailing the extent of the work to be done.
- Documents identifying the names and qualifications of the contractors to be used.
- All appropriate building permits and required licenses made available for landlord inspection.